Greek EPG support in 6.4

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More details

Greek EPG support in 6.4

Dear friends, hello from Greece.

I have bought two receivers, for me and my friend, one Zgemma H7S and one Octagon SF8008. I flashed them both with latest 6.4 image from yours and I admit it is great. Both receivers are very fast and the OpenHDF image really adds a lot a value to them.
    Receivers have DVB-T tuners for terrestrial programms. In Greece the state channel stations transmit EPG in Greek, which show fine and correctly in both receivers. The private channels (are supposed to)transmit EPG in both Greek and English.
    But for some of these channels the EPG is only in English and some don't show EPG at all showing this "no program information available in English. In order to see the information in Greek adjust your languages settings"

This happens in both receivers and I am wondering what language settings I should adjust. The GUI menu is in Greek and in settings:
    Auto Language selection: EPG language selection 1-->Greek, EPG language selection 2 --> English

So the question is simple? What settings should I adjust to force EPG to show in Greek?
    If you would like me to test anything, I am attaching screenshots.
    Thank you in advance
    Files
    • grepg.jpg

(415.64 kB, downloaded 28 times, last: )
    • enepg.jpg

(489.5 kB, downloaded 20 times, last: )
    • noepg.jpg

(426.55 kB, downloaded 23 times, last: )
    Do other receiver show EPG in Greece on these channels?
    I think no. Some channels do not have EPG.
    ____
    Hans

Achtung: Kein Support über private Nachrichten!

Edision Optimuss OS1+, Spycat, Zgemma H5.2S+, Zgemma H7C
    TV - Hisense Ultra HD, Astra 19,2° - Unicable LNB

Dear sir,
    Yes, my previous receiver (AB Ipbox 9000) showed Greek EPG. And yes, all channels have EPG

I am attaching pictures of comparison with my Samsung TV which shows Greek EPG.

P.S to be fair, my AB Ipbox 9000 originally showed English EPG in all channels but with the addition of the following in the file "nonstandard_encoding" showed correctly the Greek

Source Code

1. 0x212c/0x130:ISO8859-7:el
    2. 0x212c/0x12c:ISO8859-7:el
    3. 0x212c/0x130:ISO8859-7:el
    4. 0x212c/0x12e:ISO8859-7:el
    5. 0x212c/0x64:ISO8859-7:el
    6. 0x212c/0x66:ISO8859-7:el
    7. 0x1/0x5:ISO8859-7:el

Files
    • SkaiGR.jpg

(381.55 kB, downloaded 18 times, last: )
    • SkaiEN.jpg

(461.91 kB, downloaded 15 times, last: )
    • AlphaGR.jpg

(333.56 kB, downloaded 14 times, last: )
    • alphaEN.jpg

(443.04 kB, downloaded 20 times, last: )
    Unfortunately no. Only in 9.0°E and in Hotbird 13.0°(11823,11938,12169) you can find greek channels with greek EPG.

I was wondering though, if I could help out. I am in IT profession myself and I could probably supply you with all the info that you can't receive.
    What about if I send you the epg data file from receiver? What if I give you direct access to the receiver itself (webif and ftp) and try to manage it remotely?
    If you were able to receive those channels, what steps would you take to rectify this issue so I can do it on your behalf?
    I would really appreciate if you could advise me. OpenHDF images are really popular in Greece.
    Thanks in advance
    Try to set in
    menue < Setup < Graphical UI < Auto language selection
    same as in my picture
    Files
    ____
    Hans

Well, since I had some free time yesterday I decided to do some testing. First of all, I already had the Auto Language Selection as in screenshot.
    I installed OpenATV, latest version. Upon first start and after setting EPG Language 1 Greek and Language 2 English, the Greek EPG was there, in just perfect Greek language (attaching screenshot)
    Unfortunately, after a receiver restart, the Greek EPG disappeared and whatever I did (reset the EPG languages, change back to Greek etc) didn't work.

Afterwards, I freshly reflashed again with OpenHDF, same story here. First start, EPG shows in Greek, after reboot, no Greek EPG.
    That is a bit of confusing, why the reboot affect the way EPG is delivered and depicted. I hadn't changed anything before rebooting.

I do understand now, that the issue is not particular to HDF images, but nevertheless I would really appreciate if you could cast any ideas.

For the records, I ended up also trying OpenVIX. with OpenVIX the EPG shows correctly in Greek, it survives a reboot (tested so many times). In the end I again reflashed with HDF image, which I like a lot and wife is so accustomed to.
    So I would really appreciate your opinions.

Files
    • atv-gr2.jpg

(557.4 kB, downloaded 10 times, last: )
    • atv-gr1.jpg

(518.29 kB, downloaded 11 times, last: )

Post was edited 1 time, last by “Fotis_GR” ().

After you have changed your EPG language selection1 to Greek and saved this with green button, make "Restart enigma" in Standby/Restart. In this way it will be stored in /etc/enigma2/settings file.
    ____
    Hans

Ok, i tried this also, flash the receiver again, initial setup, set EPG Language 1 Greek, 2 English, verify EPG on DVB-T channel shows correctly in Greek, restart Enigma---> same problem= "no program information available in English. In order to see the information in Greek adjust your languages settings"
    Yes, that's possible, but to be fair, I don't mind English EPG in Greek channels, the problem is that on some channels the EPG does not show at all and all it gives is:
    "no program information available in English" after OpenATV or OpenHDF first reboot.
    If they all showed English EPG it wouldn't really bother me.

I am a bit of surprised though, HDF images are really popular in Greece and nobody noticed it(even sat magazines suggest flashing that image as the best option digitaltvinfo.gr/magazine-arch…018/item/22567-zgemma-h7s )
    It looks like the box try to download the englisch epg data from transponder.
    Do you have try the different options for EPG language select 1 und 2?
    Which informations do you have with original select and option 2 at none?
    Sorry, but i dont have the possiblity to test at astra 19 with greek channels.
    Meine Bastelboxen: Mut@nt HD51 | GB Quad 4K | Mut@nt HD60 | OSMIO4K | HIS 4k Combo+

... Keinen Support per PN ... bitte stellt eure Fragen ins Forum!...

~ Benutzung OpenHDF Image ~ Benutzung der HDF-Toolbox ~ FAQ und Linksammlung ~ Build und Foren Server Spendenaktion ~

Unsere Partnerboards

MOSC
Flag Counter