The new Bootloader ( 7.xx ) from Fortis

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• The new Bootloader ( 7.xx ) from Fortis

Fortis finally accepted the idea that users may want to use, as alternative image, an Enigma2 located on memory stick!
      their first step was to modify the structure of .IRD file ... so complicated as nobody ( except Titan ) was'nt able to
      implement the new flash images ... this was made by bootloader 6.xx.

Later, experimental at Optibox, Fortis released a sub version ... instead of Bootloader 6.40 ... 6.46 witch was able to
      detect the presence and to load an Enigma2 image located on memory stick. The newest developement is Bootloader 7.6 ,
      allready implemented into PKT image for Octagon 918G SE+ ( a cable version of Octagon 918S SE+ ) !!!

What's new in this version ?
      The loader will accept in Boot-mode two commands :
      * pressing CH-UP will load from a FAT32 MS an .IRD image file and will update the flash memory
      * pressing CH-DWN will load in RAM from a FAT32 MS an Enigma2 image organised as follows : uImage file
      ( containing the Linux Kernel ) and root.img file ( containing the root file system) to be loaded in RAM and
      mapped by the Kernel. The MS must be an reliable one ! and as fast as possible ! this will affect the behaviour
      of your running image.
      As you can see ... the image looks like Fulan's image but will not be written into flash memory ... will be
      loaded directly into RAM , as loader usually does, and ... executed ! the difference is that the image file
      is mapped as regullary flash memory is and written as flash is !!! simple things are genial !
    • Fortis came with some enlightments !
      - loaders with code 6.x6 can boot E2 from stick and are dedicated to normal
      Fortis STB's with 64Mb of Flash
      - loader with code 7.x6 cand boot E2 from stick and are dedicated to the new
      extended versions of Fortis STB's with more than 64Mb of Flash to acomodate
      into the factory image WebZeal !
      Enigma2 images can be organized :
      - two partitions , one FAT32 where resides uImage ... the Kernel, second a EXT2/3
      partition where is located the root file sistem ... this is the clasical aproach
      - one FAT32 partition containing uImage ( the Kerrnel ) and rootfs.img ( the root
      file system in the form of a flash image file ) ... this is the new aproach.
      Both loaders can load both types of images.
    • Where can i get it?

Can you link a dload? I assume i will have to flash with PE??? Or is there a plugin based installer?

Desperately trying to get E2 onto my icecrypt s3500. I have currently got bootloader 6.40 installed but i cant seem to flash any bootloader capable of booting E2 using the power on, channel up USB flash method???

Thanks,

T.
    • tomatz schrieb:

Can you link a dload? I assume i will have to flash with PE??? Or is there a plugin based installer?

Desperately trying to get E2 onto my icecrypt s3500. I have currently got bootloader 6.40 installed but i cant seem to flash any bootloader capable of booting E2 using the power on, channel up USB flash method???

Thanks,

T.
      ***Instruction for E2 image***

[Basic information]

* 220mm : image for 220mm
      * 220mm_Nand : image for the new 220mm (SD RAM 256Mbyte)
      * 260mm : image for 260mm models (common to with SD RAM 256Mbyte)
      * vfd models : image for all single tuner models with vfd display.(300mm and 260mm even with SD RAM 256Mbyte)
      * uImage : common to all single tuner models.

[Preperation before install E2]

1. Update your boot loader --- 'UpdateLoaderLx.x6' version(Latest version) by Booting upgrade mode.
      (Turn on your receiver while pressing CHANNEL UP button on the front panel, until SCAN message shows up
      => 'COMPLETE' message shows up, then Turn off and on)
      2.USB Memory
      * Bootable USB memory required.
      * File system must be FAT32. (Recommend FAT32 format in advance)
      * High performacne USB memory recommended.
      (If USB memory stick is old or performace is low, USB booting can be failed.)

[E2 Installation]

1. Save uImage (common to all models) and root.img (specific to each model) to your USB memory.
      2. Connect the USB memory stick to receiver. (Rear or Front side)
      3. Turn on the receiver with pressing CHANNEL DOWN button on the front panel, until SCAN message shows up.
      4. The front display will show 'ON' first, then keep showing some messages more.
      * 'ON' means that reading E2 image from the USB memory is started.
      5. 'ENIGMA2' logo displays for a while.
      6. After displaying E2 logo, if your screen is black, select output mode by pressing channel Up & Down button on your RCU.
      Once select your output mode, press OK button to adapt it.
      (Currnet output mode will display on your front LCD or VFD)
      C = Component
      H = HDMI
      HC = HDMI-PC
      S = Scart

6. Now Enjoy E2 !
      ** After installation is finished well, E2 is available whenever your USB memory is connected to receiver before turn-on.

!!!!! [Important Notice] !!!!!

* Do not dis-connect USB memory from the receiver while E2 is working.
      * When turn off the receiver, go to deep standby mode by pressing power button for 4seconds (RCU).
      If not, channel date couldn't be saved and/or booting fail could happen.
      In case of booting fail, you have to turn off/on & reboot 1~2times to recover.

<Roll back to original S/W>
      1. Turn-off receiver
      2. Dis-connect USB memmory from the receiver, then turn-on the receiver.

Copy and pasted from another forum.. Not my own tutorial

Unsere Partnerboards

^
    Flag Counter