Streaming Problems with Sorglospaket Hyperion v1.3

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Streaming Problems with Sorglospaket Hyperion v1.3

Sorry to have to say this but...

Although the whole thing looks really nice and it's loaded with stuff (tools and so on) - lots of it doesn't work...

Starting with Media Centre, Media Player and DVD Player - they don't do almost anything, streaming from my NFS NAS or from anywhere...

Did you guys test it in that sense, before publishing? Anybody else with such experience?
    • @gorsky: Of course streaming from NAS works nicely! When you start e. g. EMC, you should use the menu key and move to the directory of your NAS server, then bookmark it using the menu key again. After you have done this, you can long press the blue key in the EMC to go to the bookmarks and switch to the bookmarked file directory.

LG,
      jazzy
    • gorski schrieb:

Did you guys test it in that sense, before publishing?

You have absolute no right to berate the PKT-Team and all Testers in such a stupid way :thumbdown:
      You did this before with Thomas in the same way!
      Enigma or Neutrino are Freeware, made from private Developers during leisure time!
      You can use it > then say :danke: !
      or dont use it > then say also :danke: for testing!

You are welcome to report bugs if you found a real one.
      But i think the greatest problem at your side is sitting in front of your computer. ;)
      Alle Fragen bitte im Forum stellen!
      Anfragen via PN oder Mail werden gelöscht.

>>> Liste aller mit openhdf-Image supporteten Boxenmodelle <<<

• 1) I asked, I did not claim. Therefore,

2) do not jump to conclusions!

3) That is rather silly and/or childish!

4) The way to respond is the way some authors respond (not the tribal bunch). Facts. See mui4tler's down to the facts response and learn, kids! :) Also DBoxOldie's capacity to talk facts and try to help or at least he gets the feedback and that's it. (I will install it again, for author's sake, retrace all my steps and report back.)

4a) Btw, if I make a mistake I apologise immediately, as you can see in DBoxOldie's image thread. I had a power outage and that messed up my setup, so I had no image. I immediately reported that and said "sorry, my mistake". So, learn to debate things with facts. We do not need 'political' gun-slinging matches, thank you very much.

4b) Besides, I did not "only berate" the image. I also stated that it is full of good things and looks good but that I couldn't get streaming going. Then I asked if the author checked it out beforehand. Why? Because sometimes one doesn't check everything. It wouldn't be the first time. Author's response was qualified, alongside this line of my thinking. I.e. it works in general. Not necessarily in this one. So, he asked me to describe it and so I shall. All friendly. No need for this heavy tribal nonsense. That sounds like AZbox bunch, for crying out loud...

5) Here is what I did: I simply used - as I always do - Network Browser to mount NFS NAS and Mount Manager to mount CIFS. When I tried playing something - nothing worked. Black screen. I tried MC, MP and DVDp. Which leads me to believe that there may have been something on the level of an image (gstreamer?), unless my installation went somehow wrongly altogether. Perhaps I should go into Spark and delete everything in E2 section and then install it, as usual?

6) I will install it again, this evening - if my family allows it - and report back...

7) In the meantime, feel free to try what I tried and see if it does or does not work... Factually, not by knee-jerk reaction...
    • @ gorski

"lots of it doesn't work" ... really?????? Hardly the kind of intro to endear yourself to this community, eh? I simply do not buy your feigned incredulity at the reaction your posting received, it could have been far more fitting, namely absolute indifference.

Well, I like DboxOldie and I like Googgi. But which one is better? There's only one way to find out...FIGHT!

That is really low. Humble pie for you, matey, humble pie.

• Brinfried
      , I am always very weary of people who want to (so blatantly) "endear themselves to the community", like you are doing now... :D rather shamelessly... :whistling: "They" should think about possible pain in the butt tomorrow, I think... :stopping:

Oldie, m8: I simply play stuff from shared folders, using the MC, MP or DVD Player in E2. Sadly, none of it worked. But maybe it was a botched installation...

Anyway, I prefer verifiable type of evidence, as you know, so I do another installation and happily report back.

Later on, I will write my more detailed report: with A > B > C => result 'details' of what I did...

But thanx for asking the right questions and leaving the cursing to the petty... ;)
    • Btw, I forgot to credit Mohousch for his greatness and knowing how to talk "details", too!

I think all people who know what they can do - who do not feel threatened at the first question - can simply talk facts and not get on the defensive from the start, which is soooo telling of those who are not that self-assured...

To my mind, we should all try to be critically minded, so we get the best possible results in the end. Arselicking just doesn't do this, you see...

I tested for many of the greatest in our hobby and never have I been given this kinda "ride" for asking questions, reporting results...

Usually it's "try this" or "maybe if you..." or "can you verify" or "please, log" :beer: - but no tribal abuse and silly posturing, no...
    • Huh, look at the time... really must go to bed but...

However, I must say one or two things before I finally turn in, at the break of dawn - it was a botched installation (the first one but no wonder, as the image is huge, being a backup, so it lasts and lasts and lasts), sorry... :patsch: or should I say "I'm happy to report it was a botched first installation"... :D

This installation, on the other hand, has "No Media Player available" (is this by design or another botched installation?). But "Media Centre" started an .avi from my NAS and played it over the home network. So, cool!!!

But the DVD files/folders are not playing, whatever I tried so far. The problem testing it is that it goes into the loop, so I must restart it at the back - and that lasts, as the image is big...

We continue tomorrow... :censored:

P.S. Many good tools in the image, as I said before. Well and carefully done! One can set it up well! It's just the DVD Player and Media Centre that are troubling for me, in these late night/early morning tests... The downside is that the image is big and a bit sluggish, I suppose... If DVD Player and MC could be more capable or at least wouldn't go into a loop with files they can't play, so one could get out of an attempted "play", that would be great!
    • Indeed.

So:

1) Media Player is "not available", at my end, in this installation. Is that as it should be or this part of installation went wrong?

2) Media Centre gets stuck with any DVDs I tried. (We are talking either DVD folder as such or video-ts folders or if one must start a VOB file.)

3) DVD Player simply couldn't start my DVD folders/files.

2 and 3 went into a loop, as I said, so I had to restart it at the back.

But the image itself is well thought through! I mounted my USB HDD and USB memory stick, with picons galore and it just worked and so on and so forth. So the image is really sound when it comes to the very foundations. The tools are mainly in the PKT Blue Panel!

The only thing I would suggest - on the level of tools - is a Flash Expander for some serious enthusiasts... :D

Cheers!

P.S. I couldn't get TV Globo to work with the emulator (keys). Yes for ORF but... Anyone with the key file that works, please?
    • 1) EMC (Enhanced Movie Center) is installed, press PLAY to start.

2) again: DVD is not working!
      wether in HDMU or in PKT.

render your DVDs into mpg, then you can play it.

3) activate swap if you added to much into flash (119 MB is enough for most other users!)

4) use google for new keys ;)

• OK, point by point...

Googgi schrieb:

1) EMC (Enhanced Movie Center) is installed, press PLAY to start.
      Does it use MP or MC or DVDp? If it does, can you see the problem?

Googgi schrieb:

I noticed this in other images, too, in Python 2.7. However, 2.6 is working fine, at least in my Ferrari but also, interestingly enough, in my XP1000 with AAF (2.7) image.

Googgi schrieb:

Sorry but - It is a solution but not the solution, since it is better to solve the problem at source... Too many such files and quality loss...

3) activate swap if you added to much into flash (119 MB is enough for most other users!)
      A problem: I haven't seen is possible to use my FAT32 USB stick for it, only EXT2/3 etc. formats. And I do not want to use SWAP on my HDD.

Googgi schrieb:

There are no new keys, of course, from what I could find. Do not presume I didn't do my homework...

Meaning, it might be the format of the key for OSCam...
    • gorski schrieb:

Googgi schrieb:

1) EMC (Enhanced Movie Center) is installed, press PLAY to start.
      Does it use MP or MC or DVDp? If it does, can you see the problem?

EMC is a movie-player-plugin!
      which problem do you have with it?

gorski schrieb:

Googgi schrieb:

I noticed this in other images, too, in Python 2.7. However, 2.6 is working fine, at least in my Ferrari but also, interestingly enough, in my XP1000 with AAF (2.7) image.

Spark-boxes has an sh4-core builtin.
      xp1000 has mipsel.
      You cannot compare completly different Hardware and also different Images. ;)

DVDs are not working on Images for Spark!

gorski schrieb:

Googgi schrieb:

Sorry but - It is a solution but not the solution, since it is better to solve the problem at source... Too many such files and quality loss...

Use XP1000 for playing DVDs :vain:

gorski schrieb:

A problem: I haven't seen is possible to use my FAT32 USB stick for it, only EXT2/3 etc. formats. And I do not want to use SWAP on my HDD.

What have you installed, that your flash is full?
      Delete it, then its no need to use swap!
      The original-Image only uses about 50% of 119 MB space.

gorski schrieb:

Googgi schrieb:

There are no new keys, of course, from what I could find. Do not presume I didn't do my homework...

Meaning, it might be the format of the key for OSCam...

search for softcam.key, rename the file in oscam.keys and copy it on your box to /var/keys

• Heh, once again, as per usual, you just have to spoil things... Oh, boy...

Googgi schrieb:

EMC is a movie-player-plugin!
      which problem do you have with it?
      Obviously. I simply haven't yet tried it in this image (no time yet). Hence the question.

Googgi schrieb:

Spark-boxes has an sh4-core builtin.
      xp1000 has mipsel.
      You cannot compare completly different Hardware and also different Images. ;)
      Not so quickly! You can and you should compare them! Actually, you must compare STBs in the same category!

And please stop trying to patronise me. It really looks silly...

Googgi schrieb:

DVDs are not working on Images for Spark!
      http://www.sparkfans.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=44006

Update your sources, if you can't make a test properly...

But really, since you were on Sparkfans when I did the tests and published the results there... ?(

Alien1/2 and clones have to compete with other machines, not just with themselves, they do not live in a vacuum... They need to be able to do it all, at least as well as other boxes in the same price-band/category... And to improve one must keep testing it and mentioning it.

Besides, what's the point of having it in an image if it doesn't work and especially if one says "it does not work in SH4, SH4 is different", thereby implying it will never work in SH4 STBs?!?

Googgi schrieb:

What have you installed, that your flash is full?
      Delete it, then its no need to use swap!
      The original-Image only uses about 50% of 119 MB space.
      Swap has its uses, especially when an image is loaded and when one has large updates to deal with. It contributes, at least in those cases, to stability and speed. Maybe you should inform yourself?

I haven't yet had the time to delete the unwanted stuff, which is something I always do - cable and terrestrial stuff, wireless tools and drivers and so on...

May I notice you haven't answered my questions, like is MP available in your installation?

Googgi schrieb:

search for softcam.key, rename the file in oscam.keys and copy it on your box to /var/keys
      Oh, dear... :rolleyes: Have you actually looked inside those files and compared the keys for N2? Thanx a bunch, like...

Unsere Partnerboards

^
    Flag Counter