Neutrino test: spark7162_BASE-rev5748_NHD2e-rev1352 - feedback and questions

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Neutrino test: spark7162_BASE-rev5748_NHD2e-rev1352 - feedback and questions

0) Unlike other Neutrino images, this one started well, by settings being accessible with positive results! The tuner, for instance, is working, and scanning of the only satellite I have at the moment (HB) is swell!

Are plugins available to download and install directly into the box with a single pressing of the RCU button? If not - could it be done, please??

1) FTP: username = root, password = nothing (leave it empty)!

It would be good to have the Neutrino structure (for FTP and Telnet purposes) included, when it comes to important stuff (plugins, extensions, tools, settings, emus, keys etc.).

2) Home page: gitorious.org/open-duckbox-project-sh4 (add /pages/Home for documents). Image date is 29.4.2013, v. 2.0 and the coder is DboxOldie!

May I congratulate him and his Team, wholeheartedly!!!

3) This Neutrino can detect/"see" even the "dummy" DVB-T tuner, never mind the two real ones (talking about Alien2 that I have). Sadly, at the moment I only have a single LNB for a single tuner. But some other Neutrinos are not that discerning, so well done!

3a) I deleted (with ease!) the list that came with the image. After that the new one I scanned worked just fine. The image was seriously confused when the old one was still in there, without the signal from Astra 1 (19E).

4) UPnP function seems to be meant only for streaming from STB to a PC, as the author says:

Upnp geht > in Windows beim Movieplayer Streaming
      aktivieren > die Mac von der Box zulassen > und abspielen mit
      Upnp

Can it be done in reverse, please?? It works - if slowly - in HDMU E2, for instance, if memory serves...

4a) fstab file is seriously flawed - it reminds me of the HDMU Team:

Quellcode

1. # /etc/fstab: static file system information.
      2. #
      3. # <file system> <mount point> <type> <options> <dump> <pass>
      4. proc /proc proc defaults 0 0
      5. tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults 0 0
      6. LABEL=RECORD /hdd auto defaults,errors=remount-ro,noatime,nodiratime 0 0

One is supposed to have the proper "model" at the beginning of the file. It should be relatively easy to mount different USB devices, HDDs and USB sticks...

That model should tell one also how to mount a shared folder from a specific home network IP address into a specific folder of the STB (NAS, for instance). However, whatever I did using the RCU simply didn't work, in order to mount my NAS. Those shared folders were not mounted! I made a folder for each shared folder in Neutrino's /media folder by using
      FTP (FZC) but it seems that the Neutrino's Mount Network Volume menu can not do it, like in Enigma2...

Could we have mounting like in PBNIGMA, please?? (A proper Device manager would benefit this Neutrino image greatly!)

5) HDD mounted and almost all is functioning great: films, recordings (TS format)... even VOB files - but I could not start the whole DVD folder, not even using DVD Player, only single VOB file at a time...

5a) While doing that test, I managed to test AC3/DTS "Downmix", as well as "Passthrough". When "Passthrough" kicks in, my Panasonic Home Theatre setup simply sings in an awesome manner! Divine! So cool!!!

6) Author says:

Image startet in PAL Modus also Scart geeignet

One must get in and change PAL for HDMI 1080p resolution for best possible image. And it's not bad!

7) When in menus, whole page navigation does not work. One must go "on foot", item by item, soooo slow...Go to >
      Keybinding setup > Channellist and set up the < and > arrows around the OK button, in order to skip a whole page with a single press to the buttons. Program
      buttons (P up and down) do not function in Alien2...

8) OSCam Ymod as explained:

Emus nach /var/emu (mit den orginal Namen z,Bsp.: oscam und Rechte 755 ), Configs nach /var/keys
      und können unter Plugins > Scripte gestartet werden

A few restarts later and it all works... Web interface (in Firefox) works... Must test more...

And the whole image and its capacities... :thx:
    • gorski schrieb:

4) UPnP function seems to be meant only for streaming from STB to a PC, as the author says:
      No, it means Streaming from windows7 PC to STB.
      Just activate in the Windows Mediaplayer "Mediastreaming", allow the MAC ( because then Host Name isn´t shown ) of the STB > then you will able to stream files from PC.
      Meanwhile the Version of NHD2 is at 1513 and YouTube Player is integrated and some Plugins are working..
    • Oldie, I have tried a few Neutrino images, in DBox2, AZbox HD and Alien2 now. This is by far the best Neutrino (whether old one or new, HD version) I have ever tested! :!: :thumbup: I was always disappointed by the lack of functionality by comparison to E1/2. But this one holds some promise, I think/feel... Well done to the GIT maintainers and contributing coders!

Since I still have no dish of my own and no Twin LNB, could you tell me if this Neutrino of yours supports two tuners at the same time, whether PiP or watching something and recording something else, please? If so, how many channels from different TPs can it record safely, do you know? Is it in the GIT itself or if you managed to get it going how did you do it, please?

Do you know if CrossEPG and DDsubtitle Player could be adapted and maybe built into your Neutrino, please? That would be a blast! A much fuller service, as it were...

Also, Home Network for streaming from NAS and PCs to our Neutrino? I could not achieve it, sadly, with all the correct details and "mounting" commands... In E2 it works well.

Could DVD Player be improved to open a folder, rather than one VOB file at the time, please? It would also be necessary to be able to navigate within the opening file, to choose songs, chapters etc.

We should also try to get people to adapt TSmedia for Neutrino... It would be quite a feat!

Btw, I know who to ask about TSmedia and DDamir Sub Player. CrossEPG on OpenPLi...

But I do not know about Network Browser and Mount Manager, sadly...

Enough for now, I think... If we could get these things to function - WOW! :beer:

Many thanx for your efforts! :friend:
    • gorski schrieb:

One must get in and change PAL for HDMI 1080p resolution for best possible image. And it's not bad!

this request sounds pretty but think plz about other users (poor poeple like me :D) without flat/lcd tv boxes ;) elsewhere you can quickly setup the video resolution in start wizard or later in mainsetup/video setup ;)

gorski schrieb:

Are plugins available to download and install directly into the box with a single pressing of the RCU button? If not - could it be done, please??

yes online/manual update is as the conventionel neutrino implementation and the opkg (as in enigma2) implemented but you need someone who can serve you with his server ;)

gorski schrieb:

FTP (FZC) but it seems that the Neutrino's Mount Network Volume menu can not do it, like in Enigma2...

Could we have mounting like in PBNIGMA, please?? (A proper Device manager would benefit this Neutrino image greatly!)

hm i have just test nfs network volumes and it working fine.

gorski schrieb:

buttons (P up and down) do not function in Alien2...

sure? this means the code are not accepted or wrong mapped, NHD2 uses keymap.conf like e2 (79 misc keys codes can be defined, i think this is enought ;) )
      TIPP:
      - show under /var/tuxbox/config if is there any file named keymap.conf?
      - if no go to keysetup and create keymap.conf
      - kill neutrino (dont know how init is working on this image?) try init 2
      - restart neutrino on telnet with debug parameter info (neutrino -v 1) and press p up/down then you can edit the keymap.conf for page_down and page_up thats all.

and if you have other issues you can provide this directly to NeutrinoHD2 svn main page

EDIT:
      CrossEPG is improved for neutrino just goole to ukcvs you can get there more informations, but i dont found this really the good way to be directly implemtend in neutrino.

Could DVD Player be improved to open a folder, rather than one VOB file at the time, please? It would also be necessary to be able to navigate within the opening file, to choose songs, chapters etc.

just be patient and support this project with good provided tests like this ;)

We should also try to get people to adapt TSmedia for Neutrino... It would be quite a feat!

hm ithink the neutrino moviebrowser is more better and sofisticated as e2 media browser or other neutrino it handle like ts browser (for records) with more infos and screenshots, as movie-file browser with some infos and screenshots and at least at youtube palyer browser with infos and screenshots.

BTW: if you have other stb platforms to test, this neutrino is working on
      - sh4 boxes
      - mipsel (gigable, dreamboxes and so...)
      - arm (hypercube)
      - x86 (on pc for developers)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 4 mal editiert, zuletzt von mohousch ()

• Thank you kindly! I will try whatever I can as soon as I can! ;)

Resolution: of course, I meant for people who do not use SCART but HDMI and can see 1080p...

Server: we (the community) must organise one of these, for sure! Then, minimal images can be provided and plugins, tools, emus, settings etc. added as needed. Flexibility is a good thing! :)

Network Browser/Mount Manager/fstab editing: could you describe in detail how you did it, please? I did whatever I could with correct details, using Remote Control Unit but nothing is ever mounted from my NAS in the folders that I mount them in my Neutrino! In E2 it works fine.

P+/- is not working in my Alien2, either to change channels or within menus, as whole page up/down command, sadly.

Reporting: could you put up a link where I should write about my tests, please?

Cheers, m8! :thx:
    • you can kindly report your tests here ;) i mean stuff directly connected to neutrino it will be better if this goes directly to the project page.

- neutrino mount manager dont use fstab to mount network devices, im not sure but i think DboxOldie is using automounter tool, better if DboxOldie can explain how this is working on this image, for more howto and tipps you can visit the BPanther WIKI page.

P+/- is not working in my Alien2, either to change channels or within menus, as whole page up/down command, sadly.

this means the codes are wrong, you can correct this in this way:

Quellcode

1. TIPP:
      2. - show under /var/tuxbox/config if is there any file named keymap.conf?
      3. - if no go to keysetup and create keymap.conf
      4. - kill neutrino (dont know how init is working on this image?) try init 2
      5. - restart neutrino on telnet with debug parameter info (neutrino -v 1) and press p up/down then you can edit the keymap.conf for page_down and page_up thats all.

EDIT:
      in screenshot you can see how ipkg file can be online installed.
      Dateien
      • dump.png

(582,9 kB, 96 mal heruntergeladen, zuletzt: )

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von mohousch ()

• The fstab is only used for mounting the partition named RECORD, because to make sure that is always is mounted on /hdd and so is makes no difference which device ( sda,sdb. etc.) and partition it is.
      The other physical devices are mounted by the automounter you find then by name in /mnt/usb.
      For network mounts: they must be written in the neutrino > network > mounting device menu, as its described in for example: dbox.tuning.net.
      CIFS ( Windows / Samba ) and NFS ( Linux / Unix ) works quite well.
    • Btw, there is kind of Mount Manager in Neutrino (this is not autofs, I think, for NAS at any rate - see /var/etc or /var/etc/init.d and find something that does try to automount NFS NAS via Home Network, please - what am I missing?). It's just that it isn't working for my NAS, when I make folders to mount the NAS shared folders to in Neutrino/A2, input the NAS IP and so on. I know the general procedure, as it is working in E2.

Also, E2 is not using the fstab for Home Network mounts either but it can (in E2 and other Linux based OS, like AZbug HD OFW). If only I knew the structure of that fstab in detail, i.e. if we were to be provided with a proper "model"... Look at this:

Quellcode

1. 192.168.x.x:/volume1/video /media/net/filmovi nfs nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,intr
      2. 192.168.x.x:/volume1/music /media/net/muzika nfs nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,intr
      3. 192.168.x.x:/volume1/photo /media/net/fotke nfs nolock,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,intr

This makes sense to me.

But this does not:

Quellcode

1. LABEL=RECORD /hdd auto defaults,errors=remount-ro,noatime,nodiratime 0 0

Oh, Oldie, can you please provide us with the link to your latest Neutrino? I would really like to get into it properly... ;)

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 1 mal editiert, zuletzt von gorski ()

Unsere Partnerboards

^
    Flag Counter