Octagon SF1008 Recovery

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• Octagon SF1008 Recovery

Hello,
      First of all, I am sorry if my topic is on wrong place.
      I've Octagon SF1008 clone. I was using it latest octagon official firmware with multiboot E2 HDMU image.
      Yesterday I installed GI image with reseller id changed. I like its GUI but remote control was not working.
      So I tryed to back old firmware.
      I thought that I can revert it back with CH UP key. However it won't work with Multiboot loader.
      Then, I used AAF Recovery Tool and succesfully installed recovery image.
      After that I tryed to upgrade the firmware. But it does not accept to install.
      I thought that multiboot loader was an issue. So I installed original u-boot with AAF tool.
      Now, receiver is dead! I only get this log from Putty. It does not go further.

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~= PuTTY log 2013.03.13 14:19:59 =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
      U-Boot 1.1.2 (Jul 3 2009 - 12:01:20) - st2.0-14

Could somebody help me to revert this box to latest octagon firmware and v2.54 loader?
      Thank you,
      temizel.
      Vu+ Solo2
      Octagon SF1008HD
    • Please provide exactly what type of receiver are you using.
      There are several Octagon 1008 models (i.e. SF 1008, SF 1008 SE, SF 1008 SE+).

Which of these boxes are you using?

But of course, I am not sure if your box can be recovered again.
      If you accidently have flashed a wrong bootloader may be a JTAG is the onliest solution.

Regards
      Atevio AV 7000HD PVR
      FAC 1.08.75
      AAF Summer Image 2011 (Full-USB)

UFS 910 R.I.P.

Sony KDL-40HX725
      ---------------------------
      KEIN Support via PN!

• Very strange.
      Flashing the origin bootloader with ART does usually not cause the box to stop responding ;( .
      Which version of ART did you use?
      As far as I can see this is not the latest bootloader which was included in ART. As far as I remember the bootloader in ART uses a timestamp "Nov 11 2009 - 13:46:17" .

Is the box really not responing anymore? You cant connect again with ART?
      Last change is may be to use porter.exe to recover original bootloader. If this will not work I think it is an issue for JTAG.

Regards
      Atevio AV 7000HD PVR
      FAC 1.08.75

UFS 910 R.I.P.

Sony KDL-40HX725
      KEIN Support via PN!

• FSC830 schrieb:

Very strange.
      Flashing the origin bootloader with ART does usually not cause the box to stop responding ;( .
      Which version of ART did you use?
      As far as I can see this is not the latest bootloader which was included in ART. As far as I remember the bootloader in ART uses a timestamp "Nov 11 2009 - 13:46:17" .

I've used ART v3.1a.

FSC830 schrieb:

Is the box really not responing anymore? You cant connect again with ART?
      Last change is may be to use porter.exe to recover original bootloader. If this will not work I think it is an issue for JTAG.

Regards
      Sadly, yes it does not responding anymore. ;( I also used porter it is waiting and waiting. :|
      I've PL2303HX USB-TTL adapter. Can I use this as JTAG? Also could you provide any information about JTAG pins on board, how to connect etc.
      Thank you for quick reply. Much appreciated.
      Regards.
      Vu+ Solo2
      Octagon SF1008HD

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von temizel ()

• 8| A very very old version...

The latest ART is v4.6, but anyhow, I am still wondering that this bootloader causes the box to crash...

Sorry, but I do not have any information about the JTAG pins and the necessary HW/SW :( .
      I knew only one guy who is able the recover this box and I have not seen him a long time here in that forum. He is more present in another forum (AAF).

regards

Edit: again, if a putty connection is possible, are you able to establish a connect with ART?
      If so, try to flash with v4.6 the bootloader. May be it works.
      Atevio AV 7000HD PVR
      FAC 1.08.75

UFS 910 R.I.P.

Sony KDL-40HX725
      KEIN Support via PN!

• No, I found the error, but yes, your box needs JTAG now.

You have flashed the bootloader for SF 1018!!!

Did you use ART for AT7000 (Twintuner) instead of ART for AT700 (Singletuner)?

I just saw in my ART documents that the timestamp you posted matches exactly the timestamp for origin AT7000 (SF 10180 ) bootloader provided with ART.

No other chance than using JTAG to recover the box.

Regards
      Atevio AV 7000HD PVR
      FAC 1.08.75

UFS 910 R.I.P.

Sony KDL-40HX725
      KEIN Support via PN!

• Yes, when I was searching ART latest versions, I have realised that there is difference ART versions between AT7000 and AT700. ART v4.6 is for twin tuners and v4.5 is for single tuner. I had used v3.1a which is for AT7000 twin tuner! You are totally true.
      :hmm: :hmm:

Edit: But I don't understand why the twin tuner recovery image had worked smoothly although I used ART v3.1a.
      Vu+ Solo2
      Octagon SF1008HD
    • The latest version for AT700 is also v4.6 ;)

May be you will not find it here, but it exists.

Regards

Edit: I guess that the firmware is not as different as it seems, the twintuner fw will support the second tuner device and an internal hdd. But if both is not available the fw does not crash.
      If you will check all menus/functions you will find may some issues...I am not sure, I did never do that.
      Also the internal flash memory layout is identical - as far as I know. So the recovery image will work, it just writes to the memory structure.
      Atevio AV 7000HD PVR
      FAC 1.08.75

UFS 910 R.I.P.

Sony KDL-40HX725
      KEIN Support via PN!

Unsere Partnerboards

^
    Flag Counter